Skip to main content

Topic Research: Sea Monsters

2

So far, I'm leaning toward the sea monster idea. It's something that's different than what I did before, and I think it would be a challenge for me to create this kind of story. It would be an episodic kind of story, with my main heroine going to different places and facing different sea monsters. There would need to be a story arc, and it would need enough variety to not be boring/repetitive.  Would it be an option to somehow make this a portfolio instead? I think I would also have to do more outside research, since there isn't really a sea monster unit! 

Anyway, 3 story ideas!

#1: 

Heroine (Sammy Seafare??) sails to the coast of Japan to find evidence of the mythical yokai, Umibozu . The "sea priest" appears to sailers when the sea is calm, but can quickly turn it into chaos. Many sailors have lost their ships after an appearance from Umibozu. When Sammy is alone on the water, Umibozu raises out of the sea!

#2:

Maybe Sammy tells the story of her mother? Her mother was a great sailor, and told Sammy tales of the creatures she saw on her travels. Sammy remembers listening to her mother tell the story of the Kraken (her favorite). She reflects on the death of her mother, and how no one believed in her stories. This is why she must find evidence of the sea creatures. 

#3: 

This is a monster that Sammy finds on accident. The Aspidochelone  is a giant turtle or whale that resembles an island. It has features on its skin that look like trees, rocks, or a sandy beach. Sammy tries to rest and set up camp on the island. Only to discover that it's a mythical beast! She almost drowns, and maybe here she is able to obtain proof of the creature, proving that her mother was telling the truth!   

 


Image Info:

"Sea Beast and a Ship"

Found on: timesknowledge 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comment Wall

 Link To Storybook: Portfolio: Strange Stories from a Strange Town  Image Information: Dark Ocean Found on: Thought Catalog 

Introductions Are Hard

 Hello! I'm Grayce and this is my second time taking an online class with Laura! All of the information in my original introduction   is still pretty accurate, so feel free to check it out. Honestly, I'm pretty bad at talking about myself and it's just as hard while blogging 😅. This is my senior year at OU (finally!). Since I'm an older college student (25), I'm very excited to graduate. I will soon be able to start my career as an educator which is completely terrifying! Over my quarantine summer, I've been surrounding myself with plants. I have a tendency to kill things, but I've found a few varieties of houseplants (snake plant and marble pothos) that can withstand some abuse lol. If you have any gardening advice, or suggestions for plant names, let me know :)  My plant friends:  This is my Marble Queen Pothos (needs a name!) This is my Snake plant (Sansevieria), which is currently named Georgina (I'm open to renaming)  Image Information:  "Marb

Story Week 4: Friday Night Lights

[Characters]:  Brad: Quarterback for the Athens football team Eric: Running Back for Athens Coach Hader: Head coach for Athens  Darren: Quaterback for Trojans football team  [Setting]:   Football field. It's a great night to play sports; the sky is clear. The stadium is full of fans, wearing golds and reds. We're at Athens High School during the national semifinals playoff game. Athens High is playing against the Trojans. They trail by 10 points in the final quarter. There is 8 minutes left on the clock. The camera zooms to 2 boys wearing gold football uniforms on the sidelines. Cheerleaders lead chants in the background.  Brad is sitting on the bench, looking angry Eric joggs off the field and over towards Brad [Eric]: BRO. Come on. Enough of your petty drama with Hader! Do you see this crap out there? They are MURDERING us.  Brad rolls his eyes, but says nothing [Eric]: You're the best guy that we have! Dude, you know that we can't win this without you!  [Brad]: It